Environmental Policy Statement
Clifford Jones Timber Limited is committed to leading its industry in protecting the environment and minimising the impact of its activities upon the environment. We at Clifford Jones Timber, take sustainable development extremely seriously, and are continually looking for new ways to improve the environmental performance of all our trading activities.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste and pollution by continuously evaluating all operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise all emissions through the selection and use of the most efficient fleet and analyse and monitor the source of our power and water requirement.
- Communicate environmental aims and objectives to all employees and external stakeholders, and raise awareness and encourage participation by employees in environmental matters
- Clifford Jones Timber will promote and communicate ‘environmental effect’ training and instruction in unnecessary waste prevention, pollution precautions, and health and hygiene measures.
- Encourage suppliers, contractors and customers to uphold similar environmental standards and actively promote recycling both internally and amongst all our customers and suppliers.
- Manufacture and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of our purchasing, production and distribution channels.
- Meet and wherever possible exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to our Company.
- We will consult and communicate with all relevant authorities and advisory organisations in the furtherance of maintaining and improving our positive environmental standards.
As stated, it is the target of our business to achieve standards significantly above all relevant environmental legislative standards, and to minimise any adverse effects our operations may have on the environment. It is our policy to carry out all work in a manner which cares for the environment, flora, and fauna, and the effective implementation of our environmental policy requires the participation of all levels of management, employees, suppliers and our customers.